Mastodon Paleo AIP Meatloaf Recipe
If you want to make a simple, delicious Paleo AIP meatloaf, you will love our Mastodon meatloaf recipe. I created this recipe before writing the recipe for our AIP ketchup. And I’m glad I did, because it’s an awesome spin on a traditional, home-style dish that everyone can agree on. For AIP’ers who want to make something that your entire household will chow down on, this is a surefire hit.
As far as cooking time, everyone prefers their meatloaf at a particular “doneness”. I prefer medium rare beef, so I always keep an eye on it and keep a meat thermometer handy. So just go by your own standards and preferences as far as cooking time.
Now, let’s touch on the ingredients. I always change up recipes, no matter what I’m cooking. I love playing with new ideas, and hate measuring things out. If you’re a kitchen rebel as well, don’t be shy about modifying this. And you could just as easily make this same recipe, but with our Primal Cherry or Imitation Ketchup products. And if you do try a cool spin on this recipe, please share it with us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or send it to use directly. Pretty pictures always help, but aren’t necessary. Now, let’s start making some AIP meatloaf…
How to Make Mastodon AIP Meatloaf
· 1 lb Ground beef
· 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
· 1/3 c. Yellow Onion (or sub red onion)
· ½ tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· 2 tbsp. Mastodon Paleo AIP BBQ sauce
· 1 tbsp. Blackstrap Molasses
· ½ tsp. Granulated Onion
· ½ tsp. Granulated Garlic
· ½ tsp. Sea Salt
1. Finely dice the yellow onion and mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Make sure that everything mixes together really well.
2. Form into a boat with a dip in the center. (I probably spend way too much time making sure this step is aesthetically pleasing, and so should you.)
3. Pour some more Mastodon sauce in the boat
4. Cook covered for 45 minutes (check around 30 minutes and start monitoring the temperature from there)
5. Once the meatloaf has almost reached the desired temperature, uncover and spread some of the Mastodon sauce from inside the dip down its the sides
6. Broil for up to 3 minutes – but watch closely! The goal is to caramelize the sauce and create that perfect meatloaf crust
7. Pull from oven when ready and serve with your favorite AIP side dishes
We hope you love this Mastodon meatloaf as much as we do. And don’t forget to share the ways you use our Paleo AIP products with us on social media.