Mastodon Paleo AIP Beef Stew
Whether you have an Instant Pot or slow cooker of some sort, you can make a delicious and healthy AIP beef stew with a handful of clean ingredients - and minimal effort. Like any other recipe, especially soups and stews, this one can be modified to your liking or dietary needs.
- Grass fed beef stew meat - 1.25-1.5 pounds
- Beef bone broth - 3 cups
- Water - 3 cups
- 1/2 cup Mastodon AIP BBQ sauce
- 3 carrots (chopped)
- 1/2 Vidalia onion (large diced)
- 1/2 Zucchini - medium diced
- 1/2 Squash - medium diced
- 1 tbs of our Seasoned Sea Salt
- 1 tbs our Meat & Veggie Seasoning - If you don't have our seasonings, don't worry! Just check our ingredients and whip something up that's close!
Season the meat with the meat & veggie seasoning and saute it in avocado oil until browned. Just use a few tablespoons of oil and make sure it's hot before you add the meat. Once you do that, simply add the broth, water and other ingredients. Throw a dash of the sea salt in last. Of course, you can add anything or modify this recipe to your liking.
You can cook this in an hour or so in the Instant Pot. I usually start with 45 minutes on the high manual setting, and go 15-20 mins longer if needed. For slow cookers, just cook it forever until you can't stand it any longer. Depending on your settings, it could take anywhere from 6-12 hours.
Also, this is a brand new recipe that we just tried for the first time. Let us know if you make it at home and have ideas for ways to improve it!